Diagnostic Cytogenetics Inc. (DCI) can perform fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH) analysis on cell line specimens for:
• Recurrent stem cell aneuploidies
• FISH probes on our clinical menu
• Any commercially available probe
• Probes created by our clients
DCI can prepare FISH probes if provided with target DNA. Please inquire for more details.
Standard Analysis: For each FISH probe, a minimum of 200 interphase cells are analyzed for abnormal signal patterns. FISH on metaphase cells can also be performed if requested.
We are happy to adapt our analysis protocol to suit your lab’s individual preferences and budget. Please contact us for more information.
Images for publication can be provided in JPEG and TIFF formats.
Fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH) analysis for stem cells is suggested for the following indications:
• As a rapid, cost effective screen for aneuploidy
• To confirm findings and refine breakpoints detected by chromosome analysis
• As a targeted screen for a known translocation or microdeletion/duplication
24 hours after DCI receives the specimen.
Please submit two T25 flasks for testing.
1. Perform a 1:4 split of one confluent T25 flask.
2. If the cells are adherent and healthy the next day, then they are ready to be sent to us!
3. Label two flasks with the cell line, passage date, and your study identifier.
4. If the cells will be shipped via FedEx or UPS, fill up 2 flasks completely with medium. (No extra media necessary if delivered by local courier.)
5. Please also include an aliquot of media along with the flasks in case it is necessary to feed the culture prior to harvesting for metaphase chromosomes.
6. Fill out the Cell Line Request Form.
7. Call us at (800) 328-2026.