Diagnostic Cytogenetics Inc. offers chromosome analysis on human, macaca, murine, and Chinese hamster (CHO) specimens. If you have other species, please contact us!
In our standard analysis:
• At least 20 G-banded metaphase cells are karyotyped with the objective of ruling out numerical and structural mosaicism of 10% or greater.
• Two normal karyograms are prepared per study as well as one per abnormal population.
We will tailor our analysis protocol to suit your lab’s individual preferences and budget.
Images for publication can be provided in JPEG and TIFF formats.
Chromosome analysis for stem cells is suggested for the following indications:
• As a screen
• When deriving a new cell line
• At the beginning of an experimental protocol
• To evaluate genomic stability during culture
• At the end of an experiment before publication
• To obtain high-grade karyotype images for publication
1-4 days after DCI receives the specimen.
1. Perform a 1:4 split of one confluent T25 flask.
2. The next day, if the cells are adherent and healthy, fill up 2 flasks with medium and send them to us.
3. Label the flasks with the cell line, passage date, and your study identifier.
4. Please also include an aliquot of media along with the flasks in case it is necessary to feed the culture prior to harvesting for metaphase chromosomes.
5. Fill out the Cell Line Request Form.
6. Call us at (800) 328-2026.