Diagnostic Cytogenetics Inc. offers chromosome analysis on human stem cell lines.
In our standard analysis:
• At least 20 G-banded metaphase cells are karyotyped with the objective of ruling out numerical and structural mosaicism of 10% or greater.
• Two normal karyograms are prepared per study as well as one per abnormal population.
We will tailor our analysis protocol to suit your lab’s individual preferences and budget.
Images for publication can be provided in JPEG and TIFF formats.
Chromosome analysis for stem cells is suggested for the following indications:
• As a screen
• When deriving a new cell line
• At the beginning of an experimental protocol
• To evaluate genomic stability during culture
• At the end of an experiment before publication
• To obtain high-grade karyotype images for publication
1-4 days after DCI receives the specimen.
Please submit two T25 flasks for testing.
1. Perform a 1:4 split of one confluent T25 flask.
2. If the cells are adherent and healthy the next day, then they are ready to be sent to us!
3. Label two flasks with the cell line, passage date, and your study identifier.
4. If the cells will be shipped via FedEx or UPS, fill up 2 flasks completely with medium. (No extra media necessary if delivered by local courier.)
5. Please also include an aliquot of media along with the flasks in case it is necessary to feed the culture prior to harvesting for metaphase chromosomes.
6. Fill out the Cell Line Request Form.
7. Call us at (800) 328-2026.